You can subscribe to the calendar on your phone or computer and stay up-to-date with what's coming up.
Corroboree Club Captains
Club Captains at Corroboree Little Athletics Club will be high profile and prestigious leadership positions at the club with Captains taking the responsibility of motivating and encouraging every Athlete in the Club.
One male and one female from the U17s will be chosen as Club Captains and one male and one female from the U16’s will be chosen to represent the clubs values and encourage a fun and vibrant atmosphere both at club meets and at Representative competition.
Their duties will include:
- Leading and encouraging club spirit including the club chant at Corroboree meets.
- Demonstrating good sportsmanship;
- Encouraging and ensuring everyone in the club gets a fair go;
- Providing guidance to younger athletes including event preparation and warm-up;
- Actively seeking attendance at representative carnivals;
- Working with and supporting Team Managers where appropriate.
- Captains will be expected to participate at LAACT Carnivals and help with the organisation of the younger athletes.
- Advise committee members when they see or experience events that are detrimental to what the club is trying to achieve.
Nominations for Captain will be made by the membership cohort in the U16 and U17 age group as well as by committee members. Nominated members must accept their nomination and then these members will be voted on by the committee.
Successful club captains will be announced at the earliest available Corroboree meet.
If you would like to nominate yourself or a fellow athlete the process is very straight forward. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of ‘Club Captain Nomination’ and a few sentences about why you (or the person you’re nominating) would make a good club captain. (No more than half an A4 page).
All nominations will be voted on in a secret ballot by the committee.
History of Club Captains
|Club Captains||Vice Captains|
Misha van Scheppinghen